Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Looting

I know the definition of looting is something along the lines of:  goods stolen or taken by force, as from a captured enemy city in wartime or by a corrupt official or by rioters; plunder; spoils (okay that's the exact definition according to YourDictionary.com) but that's what it feels like to me whenever I go to a book sale or any store that sell books at ridiculously cheap prices.  I'm the pirate.  The bookstore is the enemy and the cheap books the booty.  Makes sense.  Arrrgggg!  At least to me it does.  So I've been looting twice this month.

First Looting: Reader's Warehouse:

 Colour Oxford Thesaurus
My Grammar and I (or should I say 'Me') - Caroline Taggart and J. A. Wines
J. R. Ward - Lover Avenged
Keri Arthur - Kissing Sin
Keri Arthur - Full Moon Rising
Keri Arthur - Deadly Desires
Judy Allen - Fantasy Encyclopedia (Very cool hardcover. I'm using if for reference in my planned YA)
Brian Frouds - Goblins (This is the coolest book ever. Might use it as reference for YA. I'm still thinking about it)

My sister found the place and it's a real gem.  Their books are super cheap.  The two hardcovers were R100 each and the rest either R40 or R60.  That's pretty good.  I'll definitely be going back.

Second Looting:  Exclusive Books Winter Sale:

Frank Beddor - The Looking Glass Wars
Alex Chance - The Final Days
Gemma Malley - The Resistance
Felicity Pulman - Rosemary for Remembrance & Rue for Repentance
Robin McKinley - Sunshine
Terry Pratched - Wintersmith
Bill Bryson - Bryson's Dictionary for Writers and Editors
Christine Feehan - Dark Celebration 

Richelle Mead - Thorn Queen
Keri Arthur - Bound to Shadows
Keri Arthur - Circle of Desire

All of these I found at the preview except for the last three, which I bought at Top Books for R29 each.  I love sales!  Even if I never get to read all of them, they're so pretty to look at.  Add to that I get to walk around feeling guilty that I bought so many books.  So feelings are mixed.  But they're so pretty and I'll read them all.  One day.  By the way, I wanted to add pics but the things didn't want to upload.  Maybe next time.


That's it for looting.


Night.

2 comments:

  1. Nice. I'm not allowed to go to any book sales till I have my shelving problem sorted. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should be motivation enough to get it done. You're a guy, putting up a couple of shelves shouldn't be a problem. Right?

    ReplyDelete