Wednesday, September 8, 2010

More MS Casualties and CA Marshall's Free Edit Contest

What a day.  It's been a long one and the only things that help me through it were my fellow proofreaders and the amount of laughing we did and the awesome music we had playing while we worked.  It makes the day fly but tonight I'm extra tired so I'm pretty sure not a lot of editing/rewriting will happen.  Which brings me to one of the reasons for this post.

Manuscript Casualties:

On page 94 of 240 with edits/rewriting

Clichés deleted: 6
Adverbs (-ly) deleted: 10
Overuse of the word could: 0
Thought/though: 8

The last one mentioned has made BFF enjoy editing LOI more than she originally would have, I'm sure.  Probably makes for some very interesting reading.  Speaking of, she actually finished it and loved it.  Though I shouldn't take her word for it.  She is BFF.  It's like my mother saying I'm the most beautiful thing in the world.  She has to say that.  But it still makes me happy.  I'm very easy to please.  I think she might have read my previous post mentioning it and decided to get her butt in gear.  Now I just have to wait for her to send them to me.  After my edits/rewrites I'll get on her's and my crit partners thoughts.  This actually scares the living daylights out of me but it's needed so I'll go looking for my thicker skin.

This might be a last mention here but it's the most awesome.  CA Marshall's Free Edit Contest.  Here's where you can find more details:

Freelance Editor CA Marshall's FREE EDIT CONTEST!

I think it's time for another FREE EDIT contest, don't you? 

Just like last time, I'm giving away a FREE substantial edit! (That's plot, pacing, character development, etc, up to 100k words) to one lucky reader!
Go check it out.  Last time a few people won partial edits as well, so you never know.  She's great that way.

Right.  With that, I'm done.  Go write/edit or enter some and if you made it all the way to the end of my post, well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment