Wednesday, September 1, 2010

MS Casualties

Up until now I only managed to edit/rewrite(E/R) two pages.  Ugh.  I think this is going to take really, really long.

So as the E/R moves along at a snail's pace, I'll keep track of some of the common MS mistakes I find in mine.  Thanks to hashtags on Twitter like #queryfest by @InternAmie and #queries where @CA_Marshall and @MandyHubbard tweeting common mistakes and suggestion, I've learned a lot about what should and should not be in a MS.

Word count at the start of 1st draft E/R: 94 916

Clichés deleted: 1
Adverbs (-ly) deleted: 0 (thankfully I'm not to keen on them)
Overuse of the word could: 0

This is what MS looks like at 1.5 line spacing.  You'll also see evil red pen and scared kitty in the background.  This is how I feel at the moment.



I'll keep adding as I go.  Diving back in.

No comments:

Post a Comment