Sunday, September 26, 2010

MS Casualties


So I finally made to the end of my own personal edits (on hard copy) and wanted to update the Manuscript Casualties for the last time.  It probably wasn’t that bad considering that the original word count is 94k but I probably missed some.  To be honest, it’s not as bad as I thought it would be.

Manuscript Casualties:

On page 240 of 240 with edits/rewriting:

Clichés deleted: 9
Adverbs (-ly) deleted: 18
Thought/though typos: 14

Now that the first round is done, I’m moving on to the thoughts of my critique partners Out of My Cave and The Writer's Life .  This is a little daunting but also a necessary evil.  They point out a bunch of stuff that is essential and I missed so even though I’m reluctant, I’ll also be embracing it.

Short as always.  I’ll post another contest later this week.  Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment