Sunday, September 12, 2010

Quick Update + Tell Me You've Checked Out CA Marshall's Contest

Before I jump into tonight's editing/rewriting I wanted to do a quick update.  It's more to keep me motivated and to actually see that I'm making progress than anything else.

Manuscript Casualties:

On page 136 of 240 with edits/rewriting

Clichés deleted: 9
Adverbs (-ly) deleted: 13
Thought/though typos: 11

Not as bad as I originally thought it would be but then again, I haven't been through the entire thing.  Tonight I'll be sending it off to my writing partners with typos, tension problems and too many one-word sentences.  Sad but has to be done.  In the meantime, check out the link below.  It'll be well worth your time.


I think it's time for another FREE EDIT contest, don't you? 

Just like last time, I'm giving away a FREE substantial edit! (That's plot, pacing, character development, etc, up to 100k words) to one lucky reader!
With that I leave you, the editing is calling.  Have a good one and wish me luck.
Night!

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me that I have to post on my blog about these things. :D I have nothing revised to enter in this contest, though.

    WAY to go on the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Posting about it really helps me stay on track. Revise at least one thing so that you don't miss out next time. I'm not the type to usually win stuff but I try. You never know.

    ReplyDelete