Sunday, January 2, 2011

Useful Links

I really have to find another name for the link posts I'll be doing.  Suggestions are welcome.  Enjoy my first blog for this year and I hope you find some of these useful.

1.  The Top 10 Fiction Writing Articles of 2010 - Write it Sideways
   
2.  7 Tasks to Bridge Your First and Second Drafts by Suzannah Windsor Freeman
    I wish this was posted when I stared working on the 2nd drafts of both my finished novels.  I'll definitely be reading it in the future when it's time for a second draft.

3.  The Elements of Style by William Strunk, Jr.
     When you have the time, read through this style guide.  If you're writing, you should probably have a general idea of what is going on here. (via edittorrent)

4.  Ask An Editor: Adding Emotion
    When a good read leaves me feeling something along the lines of what the characters is feeling, that is when I know they're doing it right.  Here's a post that will help you get there.  (via edittorrent)

5.  The 7 Deadly Sins of Paranormal Romance
     I like this post.  Not only can it be applied when writing PR but also UF.

6.  Five Things to Avoid for a Pristine Query Letter
     I want to start querying sometime this year so this will come in handy.

7.  It’s All In the Name by Sammy Bina - Let The Words Flow
     If there's one thing that you should know about me, it's that I love names.  One of my favorite things to do is name my fictional characters.  When I see the name that fits the idea I have in my head, the rest of that character's story just falls into place.  Sammy made a list of some good places to go hunting for names.

8.  Top 10 Blogs for Writers 2010/2011 - write to done
     Add the ones you like here to your reader. What you'll find will be gold.

That's it for now.  Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment