I really have to find another name for the link posts I'll be doing. Suggestions are welcome. Enjoy my first blog for this year and I hope you find some of these useful.
1. The Top 10 Fiction Writing Articles of 2010 - Write it Sideways
2. 7 Tasks to Bridge Your First and Second Drafts by Suzannah Windsor Freeman
I wish this was posted when I stared working on the 2nd drafts of both my finished novels. I'll definitely be reading it in the future when it's time for a second draft.
3. The Elements of Style by William Strunk, Jr.
When you have the time, read through this style guide. If you're writing, you should probably have a general idea of what is going on here. (via edittorrent)
4. Ask An Editor: Adding Emotion
When a good read leaves me feeling something along the lines of what the characters is feeling, that is when I know they're doing it right. Here's a post that will help you get there. (via edittorrent)
5. The 7 Deadly Sins of Paranormal Romance
I like this post. Not only can it be applied when writing PR but also UF.
6. Five Things to Avoid for a Pristine Query Letter
I want to start querying sometime this year so this will come in handy.
7. It’s All In the Name by Sammy Bina - Let The Words Flow
If there's one thing that you should know about me, it's that I love names. One of my favorite things to do is name my fictional characters. When I see the name that fits the idea I have in my head, the rest of that character's story just falls into place. Sammy made a list of some good places to go hunting for names.
8. Top 10 Blogs for Writers 2010/2011 - write to done
Add the ones you like here to your reader. What you'll find will be gold.
That's it for now. Happy reading.