The blog’s been a little quiet lately because I’m elbow deep in my last round of edits for TDYK/LOI. That would be my last round, I’m still waiting for Lood’s(no hurry), this time green, edits and BFF’s edits. I’ve got a schedule set up that will have me finished by the end of the month. I’m looking forward to being done, there’s so much more that I want to do but I need to get one thing done before tackling the next one. After edits are done I’ll go through it one more time then focus on writing the dreaded query and synopsis. I’m planning one big-ass query post for Writers in Training that will help. I’ll post it here as well.
I’ve also started serious rewrites on the Unnamed WIP. It needs a lot of work but I’m actually enjoying it so as soon as TDYK/LOI is finished, I’ll set up a schedule for it as well. Maybe I’ll try and find it a real name while I’m at it.
Which brings me to the next thing that I think I should have done ages ago. I’ve started a writing journal. It’s not the kind of journal where I write down feelings etc. Instead I write/update where I am with the various things I’m working on. Strangely enough I like seeing the progress I’m making, it makes me feel that I’m actually moving forward. So at the end of each evening, I open up my writing journal and update my stats there. At the moment I’m updating TDYK/LOI(pages edited), Unnamed WIP(pages rewritten) and This is Mike(word count). It really helps, give it a try.
Lastly, I’ve added this week’s This is Mike but changed the layout a little. It’s in the right order, not newest section first. The other proofreaders love it so far and if it’s just them, I’m satisfied. Today I added number 4 so go have a read.
That's it for now. Will probably blog again when edits are done so I should get back to it. Hope you are all as productive as I am.