Saturday, April 23, 2011

Starting Something New

It’s cold outside.  It’s funny how quickly it went from being scorching hot to me deciding which of my winter clothes to wear.  Honestly, one Sunday afternoon I was running around in shorts, no shoes and bemoaning how ridiculously hot it is outside, and the following Monday morning I’m scratching around for something warm to wear.  It’s time for change, and with my writing it is almost more than twofold.

Earlier this week I posted over at Writers in Training about an issue I had.  What it basically boiled down to was that I’m about to start a new novel and I’m afraid that I won’t be able to do the idea I have of it any justice.  I’ve been extremely busy planning the whole thing and getting the most important things down onto paper.  This one is going to be so much more complicated than any of the others I’ve written, more characters, more plot, more issues, and I want it to be the best it can be.  I’m glad to say that I’m over these issues and I’m eager to begin.  This is what this post is for.

This is the post officially stating that I’ve started writing a new novel.  The first word count update will hit my blog tonight before I go to sleep.  I’m so excited!  Excited, I tell you!!!  If you look to the left, you’ll see that there’s a new progress bar with the name of my novel.

Denizens

I’ve never been good at naming my novels but this one is a keeper.  I’m feeling lots of love for it.  So, I want the first draft finished by December (November not included because of NaNo) and I think I can do it.  Just need to stay focused and write every day.  Starting today.  It's perfect writing weather and I don't have plans for today so it's me, notebook and laptop.

See you guys on the other side.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment