Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Kaz Mahoney's Writing Challenge

Cross post from Writers in Training

Evening guys.

This post is quite late in the evening, it's 22:14 here, because I went to see Thor with Lood.  Such an awesome movie, I loved every minute of it.  Anyway.  No take on writing tonight.  Instead I thought I'd post on a new challenge myself and Lood(I'm going to kick his ass) will be taking on.

Kaz Mahoney is hosting a Spring Into Summer (SIS) 50k Writing Challenge and since I love a good writing challenge, I'll be taking part in it.  I've also managed to get Lood to do it with a very well placed "I don't think you'll be able to get it done" and he took the bait.

In short, starting the Friday, May 6 2011 and ending Friday, June 24 2011, write 1k a day for 50 days.


This is all about writing discipline and challenging yourself.  I'm looking forward to it, I like having something to work for.  I'll be taking my current WIP, Denizens, to the challenge.  At the moment it stands just over 20k.  Add the 50k at the end of the challenge and I'll be at 70k, 20k away from my total.  It's a good trade and like the personal overachiever that I am, I'll probably pass the 50 mark by a couple of thousand.  I like being ahead and getting things done before deadline.


If you're interested in joining up, there's still time.  There aren't any prizes or anything as hectic as NaNoWriMo, it's all about doing it for yourself.  If you're one of those people who need motivation to write, here it is.


Read the full post here:  Spring Into Summer (SIS) 50k Writing Challenge


Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment