Sunday, July 31, 2011

Camp NaNoWriMo, Book Haul, TBR, etc

Tomorrow sees the start of Camp NaNoWriMo for me which is a good thing.  I've been sitting on my behind long enough.  These last couple of weeks I've been too exhausted to do anything writing related (though I have been revising and editing) and I think it's because I tried to squeeze in too much of it in the first six months of this year.  Slowing down is a problem for me sometimes, I see deadlines as a challenge instead of something to scramble towards.

Tonight I'll quickly go over my chapter outlines and hopefully get at least 2k done by the end of tomorrow.  Sounds like a good plan.  I'm not exactly sure how I'll assemble this since what I'll be writing chapters that will alternate what the story I already have.  Maybe I'll just open a new document and call it Flight 2.

In other news, very small book haul:


From top to bottom:

Kiss of the Night - Sherrilyn Kenyon
Night Play - Sherrilyn Kenyon
Seize the Night - Sherrilyn Kenyon
Rumours - Anna Godbersen
Divergent - Veronica Roth (how awesome does that spine look?)

*Sigh*  I honestly don't have enough time for everything.

Next up, LOOK! it's the printed out version of Denizens.


Sad that I don't have that damn thing that punches holes so that it can go into its designated file, still deciding between yellow or purple.  I'm starting rewrites/revisions on it the 1st of September and I can't wait!

I'm also making headway with my TBR pile.  Never mind that I add books in between but it's getting there.  Goodreads challenge thing on the left is threatening me.  See how it glares.  It doesn't need eyes to do it.

JR Ward - Lover Unleashed
Richelle Mead - Iron Crowned
Karen Mahoney - The Iron Witch
Jaye Wells - Green-Eyed Demon
Suzanne Collins - The Hunger Games
                           Catching Fire
                           Mockingjay
Sherrilyn Kenyon - Kiss of the Night
                            Night Play
                            Seize the Night
Beth Revis - Across the Universe
Brenna Yovanoff - The Replacements
Kiersten White - Paranormalcy
Lauren Oliver - Delirium
Gena Showalter - The Darkest Secret
Veronica Roth - Divergent
Steve Lowe and Alan McArthur - Is it just me or is everything shit?

That's it for now.  I have Catching Fire to finish and notes to read.  Hope you all have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment