Wednesday, July 6, 2011

TBR Pile

When I'm working on a first draft, reading usually takes a back seat.  Don't get me wrong, I still read, but the amount is drastically reduced and makes me feel guilty.  Now that the first draft of Denizens is finished, I'm catching up and it feels wonderful.  My goal is to read 50 books this year, I'm on Goodreads, and I'm doing some serious catching up.  I know it doesn't sound like many but for somebody who works full time and does writing/rewriting/revisions/editing, it takes some doing.  But I know most of you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Here's the widget, you can click on 'view books' to see what I've read so far.


      2011 Reading Challenge


     
          2011 Reading Challenge 
       

     
     
 
        Jani has     
       
         
             read 22 books toward her goal of 50 books.
         
       


       
hide

     
 
     

        22 of 50 (44%)
         
          view books

And this is the list I'm currently working through.  I'm starting with The Hunger Games tonight.  About time, I know, don't look at me like that.  I'm busy, okay?

JR Ward - Lover Unleashed
Richelle Mead - Iron Crowned
Karen Mahoney - The Iron Witch
Jaye Wells - Green-Eyed Demon
Suzanne Collins - The Hunger Games
                           Catching Fire
                           Mocking Jay
Sherrilyn Kenyon - Kiss of the Night
                            Night Play
                            Seize the Night
Beth Revis - Across the Universe
Brenna Yovanoff - The Replacements
Kiersten White - Paranormalcy
Lauren Oliver - Delirium
Gena Showalter - The Darkest Secret
Veronica Roth - Divergent
Steve Lowe and Alan McArthur - Is it just me or is everything shit?

That's it.  What are you guys reading?

2 comments:

  1. I also find it hard to read while first drafting. It interferes too much with my headspace.

    I'm currently reading The Ghosts of Ashbury High, by Jaclyn Moriarty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it any good?

    I can relate to the headspace thing. When I'm writing, I want to get it done. Writing is like reading for me, I'm a pantser of the worst kind.

    ReplyDelete