Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm Doing This: Third Writers' Platform-Building Campaign

and I know a few of you are too.  Those of you who haven't signed up yet, or have no idea what I'm talking about, head on over to Third Writers' Platform-Building Campaign and do it!  (Seriously, how great does that shield look as part of my blog color scheme.  So pretty.)



Here's the basic idea from Rachael's site:

***

Basically, the Campaign is a way to link those of us in the writing community together with the aim of helping to build our online platforms. The Campaigners are all bloggers in a similar position, who genuinely want to pay it forward, make connections and friends within the writing community, and help build each others' online platforms while at the same time building theirs.

I originally referred to my Writers' Platform-Building Campaigns as "Crusades", but I've recently changed that name for reasons including this one. So we'll be referring to ourselves as Campaigners rather than Crusaders from now on (and I hope you can all get behind the new name as strongly as you did behind the original one).

In 2010 we had 55 people take part, many of whom have become great blogging friends. We saw our followers skyrocket and the comments on our posts increase, and had fun taking part in the Challenges as well (kartofflepuffer anyone???).

In February 2011, we had 217 people take part before I closed the List, and many more who wanted to join. I made so many wonderful friends, and heard of some awesome connections and friendships being made between other writers. The new Group concept worked very well, and we saw Group interviews, get-to-know-you sessions, a Choose Your Own Adventure bloghop, among other things. The Challenges were again heaps of fun - I think we'll all remember the goldfish bowl flash fiction for a long time! And the Show Not Tell Challenge in April (linked with Arlee Bird's A-Z Challenge) was a ball of fun too!

I can't wait to see what fun comes out of this Third Campaign!

As the Campaign kicks off, you'll have the names and blog addresses of the Campaigners on my List of Campaigners page (above), so you can keep in touch with the other Campaigners. That way you’ll have a list of bloggers in the same position as you, who genuinely want to help you succeed. And you'll be able to meet those who have the most in common with you. You can visit their blogs and other places they haunt, follow along, leave comments galore, and share your highs and lows as you journey through the blogosphere and build your online platform. And they'll be doing the same for you.  


***

Sounds exciting and I look forward to taking part in the challenges.  Go read the rest of the post for the details.  Who's signed up?

34 comments:

  1. Hello there from a fellow Urban Fantasy individual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, another campaigner here! I'm excited for the challenges also, can't wait to see what they're going to be!

    Hehe, it is funny how the shield matches your blog perfectly. It's extra special just for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jani! I'm in your New Adult/Crossover group. It's nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi from a member of your NA/Crossover group!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jani! I'm in your Urban Fantasy group. It's nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everybody! Great to meet you all. I'll stop by and visit your blogs as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I'm also in your YA group, and now I'm a follower (on Twitter too!). Hope to be blogging with you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nicole and Catherine thanks for stopping by. I'll do the same.
    Jessica, thanks for the follow, here and on twitter , I'll definitely do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, fellow campaigner! I'm not in your group, but I still wanted to check out your blog and say, "HI!"

    I'm glad you've signed up. It's going to be a fun ride! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey David! Thanks for stopping by. I'm really looking forward to this campaign and getting to know everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! I don't have a lot of time tonight, but saw that a few more people have come by and I'm going from the bottom up. You were next! I just wanted to introduce myself, like everyone here. I'm in your UF group.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lorelei, thank you for taking the time. I'm on my way to your blog as I type. It's great to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello there! I'm in your Beginning Blogger group and I wanted to stop in and meet you. Looking forward to getting to know you during the campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi. Wanted to let you know I gave you an award over at my blog. Stop by to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there. I'm in your YA fiction group. Looking forward to getting to know a lot of fellow writers and campaigning with them.

    As I don't use blogger for my blog, I've been having some trouble leaving comments with a relevant link. Hoping to overcome that too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just hopping by on the Campaign Trail to say hello! I'm on Twitter @sherilswift ; )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Michael! Thank you for the follow, I did the same. Thank you for stopping by.

    Cherie, you rock! Really, you do.

    KT, thanks for commenting even with the issues. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

    Sheri, hi to you too!

    I'll go visit your sites as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! I'm in your MG/YA group.

    Nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fellow New Adult Campaigner stopping by to say hello! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wanted to stop by and say Hi as your fellow campaigner in YA - All Genres. Looking forward to connecting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Jani! I'm a fellow Campaigner in the MG/YA group. It's great to meet you! How fascinating that you live in South Africa! And I'm wondering - what are you doing in your photo?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi JH. Nice to meet you too! Thanks for the follow, I'll do the same.

    Rebecca, hello you to you too. Thanks for stopping by.

    Tia, looking forward to getting to know you better as well. Thanks for the follow.

    Brenda, great to meet you too. Haha, that photo, I love it. It was taken last year during the Soccer World Cup. I'm pretend hitting my colleague/friend with a Vuvuzela.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just a heads up, I have set up a Google Reader with all of NA/Crossover Group 56 in it to help organize all of our blogs - I am missing 1 person (technical issues I am trouble shooting) but hope to get them added in soon! Link is:

    http://www.google.com/reader/shared/user%2F08181744977128699830%2Flabel%2FNA%20Crossover%20Group%2056

    ReplyDelete
  24. Heya, I'm a fellow campaigner on the road to a campaign with you in a MG/YA group :) (apologies bad intro line -I'm extremely tired with a wee headache), will pop by soon(ish), nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Jani! So glad you already explained what was going on in your profile pic. I would have asked if you hadn't. :)

    Look forward to getting to know you. We're in the same YA group, btw.

    See you 'round the campaignosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Yikici. Don't worry about it, now awesome into lines required here. Great to meet you!

    Hey F.E. lol I think I'm going to have to post a bigger version of that photo and explain what it's all about. Looking forward to getting to know you too. See you around and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. *waves* from a fellow campaigner in your MG/YA group! I look forward to getting to know you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. *waves back at Susan* Good to meet you! Looking forward to your posts and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi! I am in your urban fantasy group.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Sonia. Thanks for the comment! Will go visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Man, I am so late coming to people who joined after me... Okay, it's nearly 10pm, we get started sometime tomorrow when Rachael wakes up Aussie time and we're off.

    Phew.

    See you around the MG/YA group!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Kurt, better late than never, right? Looking forward to seeing you around.

    ReplyDelete