I know the post is supposed to be 10 random things about me but after some prompts in the previous post I decided to divide it into 5 random things and 5 random things I love. Since this post is all about getting to know me better I don't see the harm. So here I go:
5 Random Things:
1. I once cut off a piece of a friend's hair using a stapler. If you check out my Google+, you'll see that I listed this under Bragging Rights. Come on, how can I not brag about that?
2. I studied French for 3 years as part of my degree but refuse to even try and speak it for fear of sounding like a complete idiot. This was almost 4 years ago so I've lost most of my knowledge. I do understand enough to get the general idea when somebody speaks it but not much more. I'm considering picking up my books and learning it again.
3. My first language is Afrikaans, and although I love mocking Afrikaans music, I adore speaking the language. It can get very interesting at times plus the language structure is fascinating.
4. I own one pair of heels(for emergencies like weddings or dress-code clubs). Hate the things and know that if I wear them, I'll publicly humiliate my self or plummet to my death when I fall while wearing them.
5. I loath summer and am miserable through most of it. Being hot and sweaty just doesn't work for me.
5 Random Things I Love:
1. Rain! I don't even have to explain, you all know the awesomeness that is falling water.
2. Extremely loud Rock while I'm driving home from work. Loud as in so deafening the side mirrors vibrate a little. Don't worry, I'm not obnoxious. I turn it down when there are other open car windows close.
3. Sleeping late. It's so bad that my best friend knows not to call me before 11am except for emergencies.
4. I love making my colleagues laugh. It makes the day that much more fun and work doesn't feel like such a schlep.
5. Band Hero with the best friend. It's one of those small pleasures that I just can't get enough of.
That's it from me. I think this was a good compromise. If you've done it, comment and link it please. Would love to get to know you all better.