Saturday, September 3, 2011

About My WIP and a Question for You

When I look at all my tags I notice, with a bit of dismay, that I rarely blogged about the YA Paranormal I'm busy with.  Bad writer me.  I'm so proud of the story but lately I've been hit over the head with a baseball bat made out of doubts.  Know what I did to get rid of these doubts?  I emailed my critique partners and told them about it.  Even though I asked them what I should do, what they said to me guided me into making my own decision instead of what they think I should do.  It was exactly what I needed and what makes great partners.

So on Thursday I started writing a new first chapter.  The new first chapter means I'll have to rewrite a lot of things that come later in the story but I'm so ready and really looking forward to it.  I want to be done with it before the end of the month.  I think it's manageable.

I have a decent, writing-related post about characters coming up on Sunday.  I just have to tweak it a little, it's somewhat outdated.

Quick question for you guys, especially my campaigners.  Do you want me to do the 10 Random Facts about myself post that's been doing the rounds?  I don't want to spam you guys if you're not going to read it.

Coffee time.  Later.

7 comments:

  1. Yea for CPs! I know I would be lost without mine.

    I vote yes - do the 10 random facts. It's been a fun way to get to know everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CPs are the best. Honestly, I usually skim the facts ... I'd rather hear your thoughts to get to know you! But that's just me. :) It's YOUR blog - you should blog about what moves you, what makes you want to stand up and SHARE! At least, that's what I try to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, CP;s are good. ;) Yes, getting to know people is a good thing, but you don't have to do facts. I wrote something about liking Mustangs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, thanks. Looks like I'll be typing it up before the day is done.

    Susan, Laddona, you're both right. I think I'll do the post and make it a combination of what I love and some randomness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to read the 10 random facts. I think it's made it really interesting getting to know people. I don't have a blogspot blog, so it's harder for people to come visit mine (the link is hidden in my profile lol) - and I've still had a lot of interaction etc.

    I think it's a great way to start off getting to know people. That being said - it's your blog. You should do what you feel comfortable with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! I'm also in the UF campaign group. That said, I always read people's fact posts, especially during events like these. But I agree that you should post whatever you want, even if it's one separate fact a day just to annoy everyone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks KT. Your link is not that hard to find so don't let it bother you too much.

    Hildred, I love the way you think! No genre is more fun to write than UF.

    ReplyDelete