Thursday, September 15, 2011

Another Award & TBR Pile Update

Good evening!

Wow.  The past few weeks have been ridiculously busy around here.  I remember the old days where I only had 11 followers, none of whom ever really commented on my posts, and stopped by occasionally to share my thoughts.  Now I've got all of you guys and I'm like this:

Why? Because you guys actually comment on my posts, even if it's just one or two, and say nice things. So thank you for that.  I also got another award this week.  From two different people.


This morning I got an email from the awesome Jocelyn Rish informing me of the fact.  Head on over to her site and have a look at the very nice things she said about me and the other bloggers.  If you like what you read about them, hop on over to their blogs and say hi.  Of course, don't forget to follow her.  That would be nice of you.

I also received this award from the ever informative and friendly Quid for the Quill.  She has some great posts on her site as well so head on over.

So winning this award requires that I do a few things…

Bloggers who accept this award should:
  1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
  2. Share 7 things about yourself.
  3. Pass this Award along to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it!
Since I've already thank the two rock stars for the award, number 1 is already done.  A week or so ago I posted 5 Random Things About Me / 5 Random Things I Love you can go read number two there.
As for number 3:

1.  Tracy Rohlfing - Scarlets Sanctum
2.  Stefanie Gaither - A Sort of Mental Squint
3.  Megan - Paws, Fangs, and Smiles
4.  Melissa Hurst - Chasing the Dream
5.  Heidi Windmiller - ... then she writes
6.  Ladonna Watkins - the writer in me
7.  Crystal Collier - Compulsive Creator
8.  Juliana Haygert
9.  MC Rogerson - Life Beyond

Okay, I've run out of steam at nine bloggers.  I hope you guys read this post or get the google alerts.  Will try and let everybody know by the end of the weekend. Sorry.  This post is becoming too long and I'm tired. It's past 10pm already and I'm getting old. Ugh. Old.

I quickly want to update my TBR pile as well.  I may have slipped a few in front of the others but nobody's really looking. Here's what it looks like at the moment:

JR Ward - Lover Unleashed
Richelle Mead - Iron Crowned
Karen Mahoney - The Iron Witch
Jaye Wells - Green-Eyed Demon
Suzanne Collins - The Hunger Games
                           Catching Fire
                           Mockingjay
Sherrilyn Kenyon - Kiss of the Night
                            Night Play
                            Seize the Night
Brenna Yovanoff - The Replacements
Kiersten White - Paranormalcy
Sherrilyn Kenyon - Sins of the Night
Karen Marie Moning - Darkfever
                                       Bloodfever
                                       Faefever
Lauren Oliver - Delirium
Gena Showalter - The Darkest Secret
Veronica Roth - Divergent
Jennifer Lynn Barnes - Trial by Fire
Steve Lowe and Alan McArthur - Is it just me or is everything shit?
Beth Revis - Across the Universe 

Is there anything on my TBR pile you suggest I move up a book or two?

That's it for now. There are more things I want to share, not important, but it'll have to wait until the next post.

Enjoy what's left of your Thursday and have an excellent weekend.

10 comments:

  1. Wow,thanks!

    Now I have to catch up on blogging since I have two awards to pass on =)

    Yay for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your awards.
    The Fever series is one of my all time favouries, that and Divergent should definitely skip and hop a couple of spots further up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thnx Lady! You're full of Awesomesauce for all the awards to give me! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, the more popular your blog becomes, the more time you spend. But congratulations on your popularity!

    Hope you'll stop in and say hi at the Write Game. I'm in your Campaign group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Thanks - this is my second nomination this week too. I was going to nominate you! Tee hee :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Juliana, pleasure. This is as good a reason as any to update :)

    Claire, I'm so looking forward to finally getting to read the Fever series. I've only heard good things about it.

    Tracy, you're full of Awesomesauce!

    Lee, I'm not one very focused on popularity. It's a little unusual for me. I'll definitely stop by.

    MC, thanks anyway. Strange how once these awards start, they're everywhere. It's still fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your well-deserved awards!
    I'm now following your blog and looking forward to your posts.
    Fellow MG-YA Campaigner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Love your TBR list. I just finished Shiver by Maggie S. (I don't want to mess up her last name). I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandra, thank you. I'll return the follow.

    Pleasure, Ladonna.

    E, I've got Maggie's stuff on my shelf but I'm waiting for the last one to land in our bookstores before I tackle the three. Really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete