Sunday, October 16, 2011

Suffer the random update

Happy Sunday everybody.

You're being subjected to one of my random update posts again. Indulge me, it helps me keep track of things.

Pay It Forward
First up, I'm participating in the Pay It Forward blogfest hosted by Matthew at QQUE.  A big thank you to Ladonna Watkins over at Sweet Feat 400 who tagged me. 

The goal: Here is how the blogfest will actually work: The idea is to introduce everyone to everyone else. We want this to be an easy post that allows you to meet and follow as many other bloggers as you can. In your post, we would like you to please list, describe, and link to three blogs that you enjoy reading, but that you suspect may fly under the radar of a lot of other bloggers. Or they can be famous blogs, as long as they're awesome.

I'm going to link to a few I like seeing in my reader.  Writers, authors, agents.

Megan at Paws, Fangs, & Smiles
Heidi at ...then she writes
Melissa at Chasing the Dream
Chandara Writes
Rachelle Gardner
Juliana Haygert
Adventures in YA and Children's Publishing
Class of 2k12
Jody Hedlund
Craig Smith

Dear Author
If you haven't seen my first Dear Author letter, go check it out.  It's my way to say thank you to an author for writing an awesome book.  My first letter is written to Karen Marie Moning.  There will be more, I like writing these.

Contest Update
On last reminder of my word-of-mouth contest.   What should I do with 81 missing-dog flyers? I'll pick a winner on Friday with the help of random org.  It's just a silly contest so go crazy with ideas.

NaNoWriMo Post
I'm just about done prepping for Nano, if I do anymore I won't have any motivation to write the novel.  I can't know chapter for chapter what happens. I like suprises.  I've posted two entries about how I prep for a novel.  If you're interested, you can read about them.  NaNoWriMo Prep + Story vs Plot & Meet Mike - How I Flesh Out My Characters.

TBR
I've updated my TBR pile and removed the ones I've already read. Not everything unread on my shelves are here, that post would never end.

Lauren Oliver - Delirium
Erin Morgenstern - The Night Circus
Gena Showalter - The Darkest Secret
Madeline Miller - The Song of Achilles
Veronica Roth - Divergent
Jennifer Lynn Barnes - Trial by Fire
Sherrilyn Kenyon & Dianna Love - Blood Trinity
Maria V Snyder - Poison Study, Magic Study, Fire Study
Mary Hooper - Newes from the Dead
Neil Gaiman - The Graveyard Book
LA Weatherly - Angel
SA Swamm - Wolfbreed
Dorothy Hearst - Promise of the Wolves
Sherrilyn Kenyon - A whole bunch of them

I don't think I've forgotten anything.  If I have, I'll just add it later.

Have a great weeken, or what's left of it.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out!

    I also checked out the other blogs and there were a few I wasn't following yet. But now I am.

    Did I know you were doing NaNo? I don't remember--it is hard to keep it all straight until we actually get started. I really enjoy your plotting posts. I'm going to attempt to do seven plotting posts in the next few weeks--we'll see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleasure, Heidi. This is a great way to find new blogs.

    I don't know if we did, but I have been very vocal in my support or NaNo over here. I think it's great. As soon as they open the buddy section, I'll definitely add you. I look forward to reading your plot posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the mention Jani!

    Will see if I can get one of these posts together during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pleasure. Last but definitely not the least. Look forward to reading them.

    ReplyDelete