Thursday, October 6, 2011

What should I do with 81 missing-dog flyers?

Update:  I took the time to count the flyers. Not 50... 81!

Those of you who follow me on twitter know that I've had a rough week.  Long story short, my Alsatian went missing on Saturday evening and we only got him back today.  I'm immensely relieved.  Shout out to the Silverton SPCA for letting us know that somebody contacted them about our dog. Another shout out to Rekord Newspaper for having a special section in the paper devoted to missing or lost animals. I got two calls from the three-line notice I placed.  I bought the two ladies who 'rescued' my dog flowers to say thank you.

Before I got the call that he'd been found, I made a boatload of flyers to spread around the neighborhood.  Now that he's back, I have no idea what to do with it.

So I thought I'd have some fun with it.  Let's have a silly contest.  Tell me what I should do with about 50 flyers.  Something easy/creative/fun that I can whip together at home.  This is what the flyer looks like(excuse the crappy Blackberry photo):


1. Beth suggested origami
2. SwiftScribbler suggested origami as well and added pinata to the mix
3. zhaniswolf/Dawn  pinata with candy in it.
4. ScribblngScarlt/Tracy Strip for Christmas garlands
5. KT Hanna tiny paper mache dog
6. Heidi Windmiller, create a flurry of snowflakes to hang on the ceiling for the holidays
7.  Juliana Haygert: add it to a pile I call sketch.
I use the paper on my sketch pile to brainstorm or put down quick ideas before organizing them and typing them on the computer

The prize: Since this is all in fun the prize will be the chance to blog about anything you want to here on my blog. Within reason of course.  See it as a word-of-mouth prize. You can blog about your writing(or I could blog about your writing or your books), post a short or piece of your writing, it can be about awesome sunsets, the pirate menace, ninjas, books, writing. Whatever. It'll be up to you.  


So have at it.  Tell me what to do with those flyers. Be crazy. Be insane. Just help me get rid of them in a non-traditional way.

11 comments:

  1. I say fan/spread them out on the floor~ fling or spray paint on them then cut them in to strips to make garland for xmas or the next bday party. Or instead of garland make a collage after you paint, cut shapes of animals, leaves, birds, trees ~ I think it'd be a pretty cool art piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wanted to tell you again how happy I am your found your dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thanks Tracy. We were very lucky, I think. A woman who used to breed with Alsatians took him in until the SPCA came to fetch him. My notice in the newspaper held as well. Took the lady and her neighbor some flowers to say thank you.

    K.T, that's a great idea. If random.org pulls your entry I'll be able to make a pretty decent-size one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your dog is home and safe.

    Hm...Create a flurry of snowflakes to hang on the ceiling for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi I could hang them at work and home. Good idea! It's summer in full swing here when it's Christmas so it'll be a nice touch.

    I'm waiting for somebody to suggest putting all of the flyers through a hole puncher then doing something silly with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I've awarded you the Versatile Blog Award and the One Lovely Blog Award. Stop by and pick them up at http://writeskatedream-jmckendry.blogspot.com

    If you've already gotten one or the other (or both) then you can just ignore me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Jess! I've received the Versatile one but not the One Lovely Blog. I'll go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll tell what I would do, which is what I do with any waste paper: add it to a pile I call sketch.
    I use the paper on my sketch pile to brainstorm or put down quick ideas before organizing them and typing them on the computer ...
    Not creative, but an idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Juliana. It's actually a good idea. I'd carry those notes/papers around in my handbag. I'm adding you to the list.

    ReplyDelete