December is supposed to be quieter. December is supposed to be the time we slow down from the hecticness that was this year. At least that's how it used to be for me. Not so much this year.
Ugh. I have so much to do that I have it coming out of my ears. At the end of November I made a list of things I was going to blog about, things that I wanted to do this month. *scans list* I've done exactly one thing and that was my NaNo Aftermath post. Epic fail if there ever was one.
This is the list, roughly, and I'm going to try my best to see how many of them I can get to. The list includes:
1. Creating a page with my reads for this year
2. Blogging about my Writer's Notebook(an idea that I'll start working on as soon as I can find the elusive Time. Damn, but he's good at the hiding part of hide and seek)
3. I want to change my blog's layout again. It's not too bad at the moment but all that pinkish purple is driving me insane. I want something darker. Maybe black and white or black and blue/red.
4. Huge apology to @zhaniswolf because I still haven't made that pinata that I'm supposed to. I still have all the flyers and will try my best to get it done before the end of the year. My holiday starts the 22nd so I have no excuse then. Nag me about it, I feel guilty way too easily. It's your ticket with me.
5. Finish NaNo novel TWCS. I'm a little teary about this one because I'm so into that story at the moment and I left my MC in a bad place. I'm really giving it to this one on the emotionally you're-responsible-for what-happened level. But so it goes. Hopefully I'll pick it up again at the end of the year.
6. Somewhere I have a blog post about the awesomeness of critique partners that I want to share with you guys but I'll save it for later. I'm waiting for something from LWC. More on that later.
7. And then there's the reading. I wanted to do a lot of reading. At the moment I'm 11 books behind on my Goodreads challenge target. I've started pulling out all my shorter, thinner ones. Yesterday I read a 32-page book of pirate poetry. Don't judge. I'm looking at my shelf for more that might be just as short. It's not looking good and I hate losing challenges I set for myself.
What am I doing instead of everything on my list? Getting SKD ready for submission after I placed in a contest. I'm rereading it and scrambling to get my query and synopsis ready. I have both but the query needed eyes and my synopsis is too long with too many details. Luckily I have awesome, super fantastic critique partners helping me out here. We writers hate writing queries and synopses for a very good reason and I just reaffirmed it this week. A massive thanks to Tracy, Ladonna, Juliana, and Jenny for critiquing my query and the absolute mess that is my synopsis. I'd be lost without you guys. I'm dedicating tomorrow to both of them.
In the meantime I'm retreating to my bed with the laptop and watching Paranormal Activity 2 while reading SKD. I'll try and blog about the things on the list but I'm not promising anything. Have a good weekend.