Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Farewell and Good Riddance to January

Oi.  January was the worst month I've have in years.  I'm not even going to lie or sugarcoat it.  It sucked big time and I wish to never have it over again. A family member was hospitalized, my car broke, the cat went back to the vet, all my friends disappointed me, and I was just plain negative about everything.  But we all go through bad stuff.  We work through it.  We move on.  Sometimes we even learn a lesson or two out of those bad things.  I definitely did, but I'm not going to bore you with that.

So now it's February and it's already going better.  A few things...

Hugs and Chocolate
First up. YEY! I'm going to be contributing to a new blog for writers called Hugs and Chocolate(who doesn't love those).  Here's the short description for what we're all about:

'This site was created to help inspire, motivate, and inform writers of all levels about different aspects of the publishing industry. Our passion for the craft of writing is what brought us together, and we each have unique perspectives to contribute to this site.'

I'll be posting twice a month, once about the month's theme and once about anything I want to.  I'm going to try and keep my posts fun and lighthearted.  For a while now I've been wanting to contribute somewhere on a regular basis so when Heather invited me to join them, I jumped at the chance.  All the ladies are great so you can look forward to some good stuff from a whole lot of different perspectives.  My first post will be up on the 15th. Our introductory post is up with a little challenge for you at the end of it. Won't take you more than ten minutes.

I challenge you 
Last week I issued you guys a challenge. Blog about a song that represents one of your characters, or a characteristic of your MC.  I have to admit I'm a bit surprised at how many people participated, more than the one or two I hoped for, and it looked like everybody had fun.  So I decided that we'll do another challenge next week.  Now that I'll be blogging about writing somewhere else, we can have some fun here and the challenges are a good way.  Of course I'll still blog about writing, but I think I'll focus more on the issues I'm having with whatever I'm busy with. Good and bad.

Book sales!
Everybody knows how much I love a good book sale.  And man, did I find something awesome.  Look! Pulp Fiction Note Cards. They're all blank inside, don't know if I'll ever write something in any of them.


List of book got from this year's EB, TB, and CNA sale sections:

Lee Carroll - Black Swan Rising
Andrea Cremer - Nightshade
Mira Grant - Feed
Pati Nagle - The Betrayal
Lewis Carroll - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Emily Bronte - Wuthering Heights

I've updated my query post so feel free to go check out the new links, they're down at the bottom: Query, Synopsis, and Pitch Links.

For my YA followers, if you haven't heard, Strange Chemistry will have an open door period from April 16th to April 30th. There's still plenty of time to get your submissions ready. I'm definitely going to try and get something ready to submit.  This is an excellent opportunity so don't let it slip through your fingers.


Lastly, YA Highway asked us: what was the best book you read this month?

I read 4 books last month and I like all of them equally, though I'm partial to the Sherrilyn Kenyons because I'm going through a Paranormal Romance phase.  But if I had to chose one book, it would have to be Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson.  I liked it enough to devote an entire blog post to it, short as it was.  But I liked it.

That's it for now.  My next post will be a link one, I've collected just about enough.  I'm also trying to gather the motivation to blog about why I had such a hard time with my writing last month. I got almost nothing done and I'm so close to finishing my wip.

That's it for now. Hope all of you had a better January than me. February is going to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment