Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My new song obsession




Taylor Swift ft The Civil Wars - Safe and Sound

I'll probably listen to this song until I know all the words by heart.

Until then:

I remember tears streaming down your face
When I said, "I'll never let you go"
When all those shadows almost killed your light
I remember you said, "Don't leave me here alone"
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound

Don't you dare look out your window darling
Everything's on fire
The war outside our door keeps raging on
Hold onto this lullaby
Even when the music's gone
Gone

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound

Oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh.
Oh, oh, oh, oh. [x2]

Just close your eyes
You'll be alright
Come morning light,
You and I'll be safe and sound...

Oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh oh oh. [x7]

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I've always liked Taylor Swift, especially because she's the one who writes her own songs ... such talent. But this song is GREAT! Can't stop listening to it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on all accounts. She's got the best attitude.

      Delete
  2. You had me at Taylor Swift. :)

    I can't wait for the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY Word! I'm a huge Taylor Swift fan. I love her lyrics. They're so poignant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so much respect for her, especially after I watched her life story. Love that she draws inspiration and writes from real experience.

      Delete