Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Lucky 7


My good friend Juliana tagged me for the The Lucky 7 Meme.

So here are the rules:

1) Go to page 77 of your current WIP
2) Got to line 7
3) Copy down the next 7 lines as they’re written—no cheating
4) Tag 7 other writers
5) Let them know

I had a hard time deciding which WIP to use but decided to go with TWCS. This WIP is about 5k from being doing but I'm having the hardest time. I know why. I'm too emotionally invested, but so it goes.

You've already learned a little about about Cadence through the I Challenge You post I did in January. I think we should do another one soon. Maybe when Juliana's move to America is completed.

***

    “No,” came Bradan’s hard voice, the clipped demand too close to my ear. “You have to leave. Right now.”
    “Don’t worry about it, Jacques,” I said with my sweetest fake smile. “I live only a few blocks from here. Five minutes and I’ll be home. Anything else I can help you with?” Nothing wrong with being accommodating.
     “No. If you insist, Sayer will show you out.”
     Things had gone down better than I'd expected, although I shouldn’t have been surprised. If anything, I was an excellent liar and not ashamed to admit it.

***

So what do you think? I quite like it and I didn't even cheat.

I nominate everybody who hasn't been nominated yet. I know the names I'll list will already have been tagged, so have at it. If you've done the tag, link me in the comments and I'll stop by and comment on yours.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, nice! When you're gonna hand me that ms to read? ;)
    And thanks for the mention and wanting to wait for me to do another post like the "I Challenge You" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! This MS won't be ready until somewhere around the end of the year, maybe by around August if I can get Denizens done and out of the way. Of course I'll wait for you to get settled.

    ReplyDelete