Thursday, July 12, 2012

Hell Yeah, New Words

A couple of weeks ago I decided to write a Steampunk short story. After I was done I'd fallen so in love the two main characters, Leah and Arch, that I decided to write them an entire novel. This wasn't planned at all, I've already got a lot of writerly things on my plate, and had only planned on writing a new novel during NaNo. Well, you know what they say about plans...

So this is my official 'I'm starting a new novel' post, I do them for every one I write. At the moment I've got a solid 10k, with the short story as the start of the novel. Right now the plan is to have the first draft done by the end of September so that I have October to plan and plot my NaNo novel.

At the moment I'm calling this one As the Walls Fall. I kind of like it, it works well with what I have planned. This is my very first attempt at writing Steampunk, so let's see how it turns out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I really like the MC of this one, and Arch is such a decent guy. Well, in the first few chapters he's a decent guy. Things happen, people change. It's called conflict. There will be a lot of conflict.

Below, for your pleasure, the theme song for As the Walls Fall. While hunting for names, I also stumbled across a Victorian and Steampunk Name Generator. It's pretty awesome, I found my villain's name through it. 




6 comments:

  1. WOOHOO! I'm so pleased you're writing this as a full-length, I loved the short so can't wait to read it when you're finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arrrrrch ;_; I think I might cry..!!

    I'm really excited about this :D the voice in the short was so fun and good, can't wait for more.

    Great song too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I <3 you guys! Thanks. I can't wait to finish this one and send it your way. I'm curious to see what it'll turn into.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, good luck! I love the excited feeling you get when starting a new novel. And I have to say, I like your theme song. 30 Seconds to Mars has a lot to answer for. Saw them live last year and one of their songs - a song that I had known since this album was first released - suddenly inspired a whole new novel out of me. Love it when that happens...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds awesome! I've become pretty fond of steampunk as of late and can't wait to follow you on the journey! Keep us posted! Good luck at NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when songs inspire novel and scene ideas. This one definitely plays a big role in the first act o the new WIP.

    Thank you for being exited with me, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete