Saturday, September 15, 2012

Book Haul and Reading Stuff


I haven't been book shopping in weeks for two weeks. First, damn but books are getting expensive. Really, it's stupid that such a great thing has to be heavy on the pockets. And second, I kind of don't have time to read everything I've already bought. I read one book, I buy five. You see the problem here? Does either of those reasons stop me? No. Not really. I do feel guilty for about an hour or two. Then I look at the pretty covers(we get UK covers here) and see the books cluttering up my place, and I'm 'yeah, money well spent'.

Here's a list of what I bought the last two or three weeks.

Robin LaFevers - Grave Mercy
Sherrilyn Kenyon - Retribution
Kendare Blake - Anna Dressed in Blood
Liz Carlyle - The Bride Wore Scarlet
Lara Adrian - Kiss of Midnight
Jennifer Lynn Barnes - Taken by Storm
Sarah J Maas - Throne of Glass

I want to read everything. I also want 26 hours in a day :D

I think as soon as I have all the novel things sorted out, I might take a week or two and see how much I can. I'm getting all excited just thinking about it.

For now, I'm finishing up the YA I'm reading then tackling a few adult novels. It's been a while since I've gotten to really get my head into those and I miss it.

So there will be lots of PNR in my future, some UF, and maybe a little Tina Fey. At least for the next month or so.

What's everybody else reading?

4 comments:

  1. First, nice design. When did you change it?
    Second ... I want 30 hours in a day!
    I'm just like that. Read 1 book, buy 5, read 1, buy 5. That's how I got over 50 UNREAD books on my kindle! And I still want more books! I want to have time to read them all! *sigh*
    I've read Throne of Glass - loved it!
    I've got Anna Dressed in Blood on my kindle, but didn't read it yet >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to finish reading Grave Mercy and it's surprising because it was going great for me. Also, I so need to read Anna Dressed in Blood and Throne of Glass.

    Great haul, Jani! =D Enjoy

    Here's my Book Haul post.

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juliana, I changed it last night while bored. I felt like a change, saw the green, and loved it. We should do something about not having enough hours in a day. Who can we petition?

    I'm glad I'm not the only one who buys more than reads. Though I am running out of space to put everything. ToG and Anna will have to wait until I start with YA again, but I'm looking forward to both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sana, I can't wait to read Grave Mercy, and definitely Anna. I bought Throne of Glass mostly for the cover. I've heard mixed reviews but I'm willing to give it a shot.

    Thank you for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete