Monday, October 29, 2012

TMI Monday: A Baby Shower, Zebras, Contests, and Reading.

In an effort to blog more often, I've adopted CP and good friend Kat Ellis's TMI Mondays. Yes. Starting today I'll be sharing with you guys some of the random things that happen in my weekly life. If you find this post in your readers, you'll know to either risk life and limb, or give it a skip.

1.  This past Sunday I went to my best friend's baby shower. I had fun making BFF eat Purity by the spoonfuls. No wonder babies throw up so much. That stuff's rank. Sis.

2. Some of you might have seen me tweeting about the sheer zebra print top on Sunday. Here's a photo of it in all its weird awesome glory.  I've gone from thinking it's hilarious/funny ugly, to wanting it. Right now I've convinced myself to go buy it and wear it with black shorts. Let's hope I can make it work. I've got a kitchen tea on Saturday. That's a good time to wear it, right?

3. Last week I took part in the Hook, Line, and Sinker contest. I was lucky enough to make it through to the final agent round and ended up with two requests from the contest, and one request from another agent after the contest. That made me super happy and also stressed me out. The good thing that comes from me stressing? Losing weight. I can't eat at all. So yey for the 3kg I've already lost.

4.  I'm reading Kevin Hearne's Hounded. Guys, I haven't enjoyed an Urban Fantasy like this in ages. I'm going to write a blog post about it when I'm done. If you love UF, I definitely recommend it.

5. Lastly, yesterday in the span of one hour, I decided to do NaNo, got excited about it, and decided not to do it. My idea won't work. It's a good thing. I've got edits to do and an entire novel to revise. There is no time for a new novel. Next year. I'm planning an awesome novel for next year. *repeats over and over* Next year.

That's about it. Have a fantastic week!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I have Hounded on my TBR list and really think about giving it a try sometimes. It sounds so cool.
    Yay for losing 3kg! I'm the opposite: I eat tons when I'm nervous and stressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I've sensibly decided not to do NaNo this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juliana, Hounded is SO good. I'm just sorry I can't get through it faster

    Nerine, we'll be sensible together. It can be a lonely place.

    ReplyDelete