Thursday, November 1, 2012

In an attempt to do NaNoWriMo and revise a novel



Yeah, you read the title correctly. In a moment of utter madness, I decided to take part in NaNoWriMo. 10 hours before it actually started.

 I honestly don't know why I even tried pretending that I wouldn't do it. I'm an addict. It's as pure and simple as that. I'm addicted to the challenge. I love the thought of a deadline nipping at my heels. It makes me work harder and faster. It's a rush.

But I've decided to add a little something extra to this month. Originally I was going to spend November revising my steampunk novel. I'm still going to do it. All I basically need to do is transfer my hard copy notes to my soft copy, so it's not that bad.  How will I manage it and NaNo?

Lots of sneaky writing at work, is the honest to goodness answer. I'll try for at least 500 - 600 words at work. At home I'll revise/rewrite five pages to a chapter of the steampunk, then get back to the daily NaNo target. My NaNo novel's name is Changing Faces, btw.

Sounds good on paper, right?

I'm not saying it's going to work, but I'm damn well going to try. At the end of November I want at least one thing done. Either the revisions/2nd draft of the steampunk, or the 50k on the NaNo wip.

Today's NaNo words are done, so it'll be revisions tonight. I'll work out the pages I need to do to be done by the end of the month. If I can do both, I'll throw myself a freaking party.

In case you wondered, no, I don't have a husband or kids. It makes a difference.

If you want to add me as a buddy, please do. Here's a link to my page: JaniGrey

Can't wait to see how you guys do.

Happy word hunting!

4 comments:

  1. So glad you joined us! I'm addicted too! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. " I honestly don't know why I even tried pretending that I wouldn't do it." << Yeah, I wondered about that too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie, I'm in good company :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol We're way too similar, Juliana. It's wonderful, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete