Monday, November 26, 2012

TMI Monday: Gabi, NaNo, Vincent, Kevin Hearne, TVD


1. Just look at her. Isn't she the cutest thing ever? I'll try and keep the baby pics to a minimum. Promise.

2. Jeez. NaNo 2012(I'm counting down my last 10 days) is kicking my behind, but I'm still on track to get the 50k done. This is the 3rd year I'm doing it, and neither of the previous years have been this much of a challenge. No wait, that's not right. I had issues last year too. Different issues. But still. My first NaNo was the easiest because I had loads of time to think about it. Quite a few times this year I've contemplated pulling out NaNo 2010 and seeing what I can do with it. I've been playing with the idea of turning it into a YA Contemp Fantasy-ish thing. Meh. We'll see.

3. Now I have the pleasure of introducing you to Vincent. Yes. Vincent is a tomato plant that Colleague and I take care of at work. One of our big malls, Centurion Mall for those of you living in Pretoria, brought these to our offices. Each department gets to try and keep one alive, and hopefully make it grow. We're taking this very seriously. We want to win. I'm a competative person in general, so I'm taking this extra serious. Extra. I want to win. Really. I'll post an update very now and then. I'm pretty sure this thing will go on well into next year.

4.  I read Hounded by Kevin Hearne and finished last week. I loved it so much I just had to write him a Dear Author letter. That letter will go up next month, the 12th. I've already scheduled it. I've only written one other Dear Author letter on my blog and that was for Karen Marie Moning and her Fever series. Man, I love those books so much. SO MUCH. They're one of the few series I would reread.

5. Yes. I've finally joined The Vampire Diaries madness. The timing suck, since it's the last week of NaNo, but it's worked in my favor as well. Write 500 words, watch an episode. Make daily word count, watch as many episodes as I like until I have to go to sleep. Now that's an awesome example of The Reward System in action. I'm a firm supporter of The Reward System. I'm so ready for NaNo to be over. So ready.

2 comments:

  1. I have that Kevin Hearne book but haven't gotten around to reading it. I actually know his mother and met him and got my copy signed. Since you loved it so much, I'll have to dig it out of my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, I'm so jealous! You should definitely read it.

    ReplyDelete