Monday, November 5, 2012

TMI Monday: Gabi, NaNoWriMo, Kitchen Tea, and Twitter

1.  On Thursday my best friend gave birth to a baby girl. She came a month too early, so I've been spending a lot of time at the hospital visiting them. Gabi is still in ICU but we're hoping she'll be out soon and able to go home. We're looking forward to it and very excited.

2.  It's been five days since I decided to do NaNo. Uhm. Yeah. It's moving and I'm on schedule, but I'm not going to lie, it's been a real challenge. I don't know why I have so many things happening right now. Last month was way quieter. But I guess so it goes, right? It's life getting in the way, not writing. But I'm still happy with this novel. I wasn't as enthusiastic when I started writing it, but it's only taken me about 4k to fall back in love with it. Over the weekend I tweeted that I loved writing couple(the people kind). In the third chapter we meet Holden and April(not the MC and her LI). I love writing the dynamic between couples that aren't my MC and her LI.


3. On Saturday I went to a kitchen tea. I really didn't want to, mainly because of NaNo and BFF's baby, but I'm glad I went. It was fun and I got to spend the day wearing a tiny Alice in Wonderland inspired hat. As proof, I present you with a photo.

4.  I've been meeting a lot of writers on twitter over the last two or three weeks. It's been great getting to speak to all of them and learning all kinds of new things. If any of you read this, it's been a great pleasure. If I'm not following you, leave me a comment below or tweet me. I'll rectify it immediately.

5.  Lastly I want to mention to all my friends affected by Hurricane Sandy that I'm glad you're all ok. You've been in my thoughts the entire time, especially Juliana.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, sweetie! Thanks for the positive thoughts.
    I hope Gabi go home soon too!
    <3

    ReplyDelete