The list below was originally posted over at my group blog Hugs and Chocolate: Wishes and Resolutions for 2013. I'm elaborating on a few of them here.
1. I would like an agent. I’m not going to rush it. It’ll happen when it’s supposed to happen. 2013 would be nice though. I have such a great team of CPs and writer friends with me, that anything feels possible.
2. Read more. I managed about 40 books this year(beta reads included), and I’m not completely happy with the amount. Yes, I’m a slow reader, but last year’s slow as unnecessary.
3. Comment more on blog posts. I’ve been slacking, but I have this thing. I comment, and what I write sounds stupid, so most of the time I keep my thoughts to myself. But I'm really going to try. Really.
4. Write, rewrite, revise, and edit a novel tentatively titled My Bones. I want it done by the end of the year. I'm super excited about this one. Nervous too. It's either going to be awesome, or meh. I want it to be way better than awesome.
|Steampunk Pendant by VaughnSaball|
7. Be more structured in my writing time. The last four years it’s been all over the place. Yeah, it worked for me, but I like trying new things to see if it might work even better. I'm hesitant about this one. Like writing it on a piece of toilet paper. It has almost no substance, but it's usable.
8. Beta read more. Or at the least exchange more work.
9. Be open to new things. Now matter what.
That's about it. Nothing major or what I wouldn't have done anyway. Happy new year to all of you. I look forward to seeing it through with all of you.