Thursday, March 21, 2013

Book Haul

Hey guys.

I know it's been a while since I blogged, but honestly, I haven't had anything important or blog worthy to say. So why fill your feeds with pointless things, right?

But books are important! Book sales too! And when I buy books at book sales I like sharing my loot with you guys.

The sale I went to was a 2nd hand book sale put together by Sungardens Hospice in an effort to raise money for the hospice. They do good work but could definitely use more. My sister and I talked to the people about volunteering some our time over weekends, so I'm looking forward to that.

If you're in Pretoria and looking to pick up a few cheap reads, this is the place to go. The books range from R3 to R30, depending on what you take.



So let's get to the fun part. Here's what I got:


The Spiderwick Chronicles, Troll Trouble - Tony DiTerlizzi & Holly Black
The Spiderwick Chrinicles, Goblins Attack - Tony DiTerlizzi
Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll(Ladybird Classic)
Good Omens - Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman
Stroke of Midnight - Sherrilyn Kenyon, Amanda Ashley, LA Banks, Lori Handeland
Daemon Eyes - Camille Bacon-Smith
The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe - CS Lewis
Bitten - Kelley Armstrong
Unseen, Long Way Home(Buffy) - Nancy Holder & Jeff Mariotte
The Book of Fours(Buffy) - Nancy Holder
Guide to the Cats of the World(This one I got for colleague)
Kinderspeletjies - Vincent Swart(Creepy cover is creepy)
The Hounds of Baskervilles, White Fang, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde - Children's Classic Compendium
Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief - Rick Roirdan
Runemarks - Joanne Harris
Dark Secrets - Elizabeth Chandler
Stress - M Michal
Incubus Dream - Laurell K Hamilton
Complicit - Nicci French
Keeper of Genesis - Robert Bauval & Graham Hancock
French Grammar - Schaum's Outlines

That's about it. A decent mix, I think.

It's a public holiday today and I plan on spending a few hours reading AtWF and beta reading something else. What are you up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment