Monday, April 8, 2013

TMI Monday: I want to name my eReader, eARCs, Vincent, and Awesome CPs

It's been a while since I blogged about random things. Be prepared, I'll be bombarding you guys with image of everything.

1.  I finally caved and bought myself and eReader. I'm now the proud owner of a Kindle Paperwhite, and the more time I spend with it, the more I love it. I once saw somebody tweet that with an eReader, they read so much more. I believe it. If you have name suggestions for my reader, drop it in the comment section.

2.  I've also been looking to be more active when it comes to my reading. So I've decided to give reviewing whatever I read a shot. I'm not doing it in the sense of a review blog, just putting my thoughts down into words and sharing them on Goodreads and Amazon. I'm pretty damn easy to please when it comes to reading, so my reviews will be on the positive, 'I loved this story so much' side.

3.  I'm so excited to be able to read eARCs. With our postal service being so erratic most of the time, I worry when people post me things. Sometimes they just don't arrive at all. But with the reader, I don't have to worry about that. A win all around. Right now I'm reading Heather L. Reid's Pretty Dark Nothing and loving it. Two other eARCs I have that I'm extremely excited about is Richelle Mead's Gameboard of the Gods and Katie McGarry's Dare You To. I've also got a bunch of Historical Romance novels that I'm dying to read. It's what I read most of during my poor student days. Thank heavens for book exchange. I would have been a sad, sad person without it. I'm not even ashamed to admit it. I love historicals and I love cheap books.

4.  A week or two ago one of my awesome CPs, Ladonna who just had a beautiful baby boy, sent me an fantastic travel mug(up on the right). Her timing was perfect because I'd recently received some bad news. Her gift just made me feel so much better. Thanks, Ladonna!

 5. Some of you might remember a certain tomato plant named Vincent. Well, we won that competition and to the left is what we got. Not what we were told would be the prize, but I'm not going to complain. You'll also be happy to know that we did not leave Vincent and his children(they were delicious by the way) to their own devices. We're continuing his watering schedule until he eventually dies. That might happen sooner rather than later since winter is just about here. I decided to spare you the gruesome images of Vincent's offspring and their inevitable fate: as the main ingredient of a very delicious sandwich.
Yes, we're evil like that.

That's about all I can think of now. It's going well with the writing. I just got back some editing on for the Steampunk and have already lined up one beta reader for it. I'm excited and nervous. Hope it's going well with all of you.

Have a great week!

2 comments: