Monday, June 3, 2013

Birthday Haul of Awesomeness

You might want to skip this post. It's all about my stuff, so pretty self-indulgent.

I buy myself stuff when birthday time comes around 'cause I don't want other people spending money on me. Yeah, I'm weird like that. I just don't like it. It's your money. You worked for it. Buy yourself something nice.

This year I decided to spread my bday stuff over two months. April and May. And it was all book stuff. I'm such a happy camper.

Here we go: I got myself the kindle paperwhite. Gah. I love it. It will now be going with me everywhere. I've been reading a lot and have also started posting reviews to my blog and Goodreads. I'm so happy with this.


And I got this cover to go with it.
Two notebooks. The Gruffalo notebook has stickers!!! And little character illustrations in the bottom corner of the pages. If you want to see what they look like, leave a comment or tweet me :) The notebook next to it I've already started using. I'm working on AtWF revisions and the first pages are filled with rev notes and doodles. Because yes, the two go really well together.





Books! I picked up books 3 and 4 of The Black Sun's Daughter authored by MLN Hanover. I'm only a little annoyed that books 1 and 2 do not match 3 and 4. I LOVED the original cover but so it goes. Here are the different covers.
I have books 1 and 2.

Books 3 and 4
I also picked up 3 more books:



Here's my copy of The Shining girls. I was lucky enough to snag one of the 1000 limited editions, signed by Lauren.


My awesome family contributed to the purchase of this. A brand new boofshelf for my reading room. Isn't it gorgeous! I assembled this sucker myself and only have one scar to show for it. My sister got me a coffee maker. I'll tweet a pic of it when I use it this weekend.



My fantastic friends and CPs both sent me books and bookmarks. Thanks Kat and Juliana.

Good book! Get yourself a copy stat.

Dragons from Kat! She knows me well.

Another fantastic book!

Lastly, I GOT TO SEE CHEVELLE LIVE YESTERDAY!!! They are my most favorite band EVER. The were supposed to come to South Africa in 2011. For some reason they couldn't make it but promised to come back. They kept their promised. I only freaked out a little. Ok, maybe a lot.

Sam and me
We had amazing seat, though from the photo it doesn't look like it. Blame the camera.
I can't remember the last time I had such a great month. May has been really good to me, specifically because of my family and friends. A big thank you to every single one.

4 comments:

  1. Since having a kindle, I've been reading much more. I guess ereaders do that ... which is awesome!
    Aw, it looks like you had an amazing birthday period!
    So glad you enjoyed the concert! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I'd read much more with a kindle, and I have. Plus now I can get ARCs etc, even books that will probably never come out here. That makes me so happy. I had a great birthday month and the show was fantastic.

      Delete
  2. That is a FANTASTIC haul! I think I'll follow your example this year and spread my birthday over 2 months ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works. That way you spend your money over a long period and you don't feel as guilty about the amount you've spent.

      Delete