Wednesday, June 26, 2013

What's Up Wednesday #1

Whats up WednesdayI haven't blog about any of my writing things in a while. It's been mostly book things. So today I decided to jump in and do What's Up Wednesday just to catch up on what's going on with me at the moment. What's Up Wednesday is the brainchild of Jamie Morrow and Erin Funk. “It’s similar in some respects to the Currently… post, but it’s been whittled down to only four headings to make it quicker and more manageable on a weekly basis. You’re invited to join us if you’re looking for something to blog about, a way to let your blog friends know what’s been going on with you.”

What I'm Reading:
This post catches me in between books. Last week I was on vacation and read Losing It and Faking it. I got both from NetGalley and I'll try and have reviews of both up by the weekend. Next up I'll be reading me some historical romance in the form of Highlander Taken by Juliette Miller(why do I keep on getting my hands on historicals that aren't the 1st in a series?). You guys should know by now how much like my old love stories. I'm looking forward to that.

What I'm Writing:
I started a new novel today. Ack! It's frightening and awesome and I'm a little terrified that I won't do this story justice. I think that fear is dampening my enjoyment of the start of this draft a little. I want so much for this story and I want to do right by it. The last novel that made me feel like this turned out how I wanted it, but not how others wanted, so at the moment it's lounging in a folder waiting to be 'fixed'. So I have a legit history with this feeling. But as I wrote all the new words today, I felt a little of that dread go away. It might be because I already like my MC's LI. This is the type of WIP that, each time I work on it, I'll love it a little more until I can't stop thinking about it. I'm looking forward to that. It's a slow grower :P
There's so much more I can write on this but I'm keeping that to myself. 

What Inspires Me Right Now:
Music inspires me now, especially new stuff. Recently I got my hands on Bastille. SO. GOOD. I'm stuck on these guys at the moment. Music inspires me. Something else that fills me with the urge to write is looking at the images that I collected over the last few months for the WIP I've started. What a great combination.




What Else I've Been Up To:
What else. What else. Not much really. I've been reading a lot. The kindle has made it so much easier, though I'll admit that I'm still a paper book fan through and through. The Exclusive Books winter sale started today so I'll be heading that way this weekend. I won't be buying much this year, I'm saving up for something(don't know what yet).
Work's been crazy. Lots of big changes happening very fast and it's only a little bit like dinner in a tumble dryer. I've been frustrated a lot by the general shrugging of shoulders that has been happening when it comes to sorting out issues. I'm a problem solver. I fix things. At least I keep busy, right? I really do love my job, issues and all.
I've also been watching a lot of Criminal Minds. Ugh. I love it. It makes me want to write something seriously twisted and insane. That'll have to take a backseat.

That's about it. Sharing is caring, so if you have thoughts and stuff, throw them down in the comment section.

2 comments:

  1. Cool beans! I haven't actually heard Bastille before, so thanks for pointing them out. I'm right with you on the kindle reading. It kills me on eye strain, but I can't get enough of my digital books.

    Hey, don't be scared of that shiny new story, eh? Own it! I'm finishing up my WIP in the next two weeks. Freedom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then I'm glad I posted the videos. I am loving this band at the moment! My kindle was the best buy of the year for me :D
    Congrats on finishing your WIP. Drafting is my favorite part of it all, and I am staring to really love the new novel.

    ReplyDelete