Monday, November 25, 2013

Review: Crash Into You by Katie McGarry

Crash Into You - Katie McGarry

She girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind.

Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look.

But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.


Katie McGarry’s characters have a way of getting under my skin and climbing into my heart without me even knowing it, and this time they did it with a lot of bang.

CRASH INTO YOU kicks off with Isaiah refusing to deal with one of his biggest issues and Rachel literally running away from hers. Both set the two on a course that would change the rest of their lives in ways neither saw coming.

Isaiah is such a complex, layered character and getting to know him and learning more about who he is as a person was such a great experience. He’s loyal and fierce and protective, and it made him an instant favorite of mine. Threaded in with that was his vulnerable side as well, and that he allowed Rachel to see it made me appreciate him that much more. He was surprised by it and it endeared me to him. I hope we get to see more of him as the series progresses.

Rachel is a fierce, wounded little thing I and loved her. Meeting Isaiah was the best thing that could have happened to her – and vice versa – even though it took some work to get where she needed to be in her life. But she tackled everything with all she had in her, and how could you not admire her for that?

The two of them come from such opposite worlds, and those differences brought out the best in both of them. They contrast off each other perfectly and the fit of them is like a key in a lock. I adored everything about this book. I loved what I learned about the things Isaiah and Rachel had in common, and the details just added more depth to the story.

This novel is a rollercoaster from start to finish and it’s by far my favorite in the series. Katie McGarry delivers from start to finish and left me wanting more. She’s at the top of my favorites on the YA list and I anxiously wait for what she sends our way next.

Massive thank you to Harlequin TEEN and NetGalley for the eARC. You guys make my face happy.

You can find the author or awesomeness here:

*Rambly and stilted review because it's hard to keep my love for certain books contained. Be glad I didn't write an essay ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment